K-LACTUL | Lactulose Assay Kit
The Lactulose Assay Kit is suitable for the specific, rapid and sensitive measurement and analysis of lactulose in milk and milk-based samples. Reagents included in this kit may also be prepared for use in the procedure described by ISO Method 11285:2004.
UV-method for the determination of Lactulose in milk and foodstuffs containing dairy products.
(1) Lactulose + H2O → D-galactose + D-fructose
(glucose oxidase + catalase + H2O2)
(2) D-Glucose + H2O + O2 → D-gluconic acid + H2O2
(3) D-Fructose + ATP → F-6-P + ADP
(4) F-6-P → G-6-P
(5) G-6-P + NADP+ → gluconate-6-phosphate + NADPH + H+
(6) Gluconate-6-phosphate + NADP+ → ribulose-5-phosphate + NADPH + CO2 + H+
Kit size: 50 assays
Method: Spectrophotometric at 340 nm
Reaction time: ~ 120 min
Detection limit: 4.8 mg/L
Milk, dairy products and foods containing milk
Method recognition: Novel method