K-AVCHO | Available Carbohydrates Kit (100 Assays)
The Available Carbohydrates 100 ASSAYS test kit is used for the measurement of available carbohydrates (total digestible starch plus maltodextrins, sucrose, D-glucose, D-fructose and the glucose component of lactose) in cereal products, foodstuffs, feeds and other materials; measured as D-glucose and D-fructose.
Available Carbohydrates Kit (100 Assays)
Available Carbohydrates Assay Kit
The Available Carbohydrates Assay Kit method is suitable for the measurement of available carbohydrates (AVCHO) comprising *total digestible starch (TDS) plus maltodextrins, sucrose, D-glucose, D-fructose and lactose. This method is designed to simulate in vivo conditions in the human small intestine (i.e. a 4 h incubation time with PAA + AMG) in parallel with recent advances in Dietary Fiber (DF) methodology (K-RINTDF: AOAC Method 2017.16) and in accordance with the new (physiological based) definition of DF announced by Codex Alimentarius in 2009. Also, sucrose is hydrolysed with a specific “sucrase” enzyme which (unlike invertase which has been used traditionally for this reaction) has no action on fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS).
* Total digestible starch (TDS) is defined as starch that is digested in a 4 h period and is part of the carbohydrate that is available for digestion and absorption by the human small intestine.
(PAA + AMG, pH 6.0, 37°C, 4 h)
(1) Digestible starch + H2O → D-glucose
(2) Sucrose → D-glucose + D-fructose
(3) Lactose → D-galactose + D-glucose
(4) D-Glucose + ATP → G-6-P + ADP
(5) D-Fructose + ATP → F-6-P + ADP
(6) G-6-P + NADP+ → gluconate-6-phosphate + NADPH + H+
(7) F-6-P ↔ G-6-P
(8) β-D-Galactose + NADP+ ↔ D-galactonate + NADPH + H+
Kit size: 100 assays
Total assay time: ~ 5 h
Detection limit: 2-100% of sample weight
Food ingredients, food products and other materials